Regulations as follows:
* The competition shall be held during the calendar year January – December.
* A minimum of ten shows shall be selected each year at which the following points may be attained:
Challenge = 10 points
Reserve Challenge = 5 points
Best of Breed 1 point.
* The dog and bitch in each variety with the most points at the end of the competition will be declared the top dog and bitch for that particular variety for the year.
* To be eligible to compete for Dachshund of The Year the dog must have been exhibited at two thirds of the allotted shows
* Should there be dogs finishing on equal points they will be declared joint winners for the year.
* Winning dogs from each variety will compete for the title Dachshund of the Year at the completion of the competition each year.
* The competition is open to all financial members of the Dachshund Club of NSW. Although points will be awarded to all competitors, only those competitors who are financial members at the date of the Show where points are allocated will be eligible to compete in the Final of Dachshund of the Year. In the case of joint ownership this applies to all owners.
* The three Dachshund Club of NSW Championship shows and the two Novocastrian Dachshund
* Club Championship shows will be automatic selections each year for the competition.
* The Club shall nominate a member to keep a record of point score winners during the year.
* The Club will decide when and where Dachshund of the Year will be judged.
Point Score cancelled 2023, due to a lack of overseas judges
Click here, to view the 2021 list of point score shows – point score cancelled, not enough entries.